Who are we?
The Middlesbrough Cultural Partnership is a group of arts and culture organisations from across the Tees Valley working together for a creative Middlesbrough. Started in 2018. We came together as a group of artists, arts and culture organisations and professionals to be a voice for creativity in Middlesbrough.
The Auxiliary Project, Middlesbrough Institute of Modern Art, Navigator North, Platform A Gallery and Tees Valley Arts were the founding organisations and many more have since joined. We now have 20 key partners. We’ll be inviting other arts, culture or heritage organisations to become members very soon.
We want to make Middlesbrough the most creative town in the UK!
How will we do it?
- Be a strong supportive network of arts and culture organisations in Middlesbrough
- Help one another recover from the impacts of COVID-19
- Share knowledge and resources to help arts and culture organisations in Middlesbrough thrive
- Make it easier for people to discover creative activities in all areas of Middlesbrough by working together on events, artistic programmes and community activities
- Develop new opportunities for local and international artists to work in Middlesbrough
- Support creative and cultural events/trails in the Heritage Quarter and encourage visitors
- Be the leading voice for the culture sector in Middlesbrough in the North East and nationally, making sure Middlesbrough’s creativity, communities and culture are valued and supported